If you are in crisis, please call the Counseling Center at (859) 257-8701 or use the crisis services listed below.
Crisis resources by phone:
UK Counseling Center: 1-859-257-8701 (press 1 after hours, on weekends, and during university closings)
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK
Ampersand (Bluegrass Rape Crisis Center): 1-800-656-4673
Trevor Project (LGBTQ): 1-866-488-7386
National Disaster Distress Helpline (SAMSA) related to COVID-19: 1-800-985-5990 (also available in Spanish); for those who are hearing impaired or deaf: TTY number 1-800-846-8517
Crisis resources by text:
Crisis Text Line : “go” to 741-741
Trevor Project (LGBTQ): “start” to 678-678
National Disaster Distress Helpline Text (SAMSA) related to COVID-19: text TalkWithUs to 66746
Check our website for updates and resources for self-care. It is normal to feel isolated, anxious and sad at this time. Please reach out to us for support. Non-crisis questions may be e-mailed to UKCounselingCenter@uky.edu.
University Health Service
UHS is here for you – but we’re adapting our hours and services, including the addition of UHS Telehealth options.
Your health and well-being are still our top priority.
UK Counseling Center
- For the summer 2020, eligibility for UKCC services is met by enrollment in any UK summer course; OR if you were enrolled during spring 2020 and have pre-registered for fall 2020 courses.
- Individual and couples therapy, and case management appointments will be conducted via secure Zoom or phone to students who are currently in the state of Kentucky. If you are not in the state of Kentucky, we can talk by phone to help locate other resources for you.
- Please watch your email and have phones ready to accept voicemail messages from UKCC.
- Some therapy or support groups are re-starting for the summer – available to students located in Kentucky.
- Workshops are still being offered and conducted via Zoom.
- The Relaxation Room at Frazee Hall is closed until further notice.
- “Let's TeleTalk!” is open to ANY UK student, ANYWHERE! These are brief, confidential consultations with a UKCC clinician. Please drop in! (See the UKCC website for Zoom links, days and times – as this is the virtual replacement for the scheduled “Let’s Talk” sessions normally available across campus.)
Student Health and Wellbeing Resources
Campus Recreation Online Fitness Classes
Come check out our Free Virtual Group Fitness Classes via Facebook Live and Zoom! Classes are open to all UK Students, Faculty and Staff
Virtual Koru classes will be offered with two options – full course (four 90-minute sessions) as well as drop-in courses (30 minutes join when you can). For more information about Koru and a full listing of offerings go to www.uky.edu/koru.
- Free opportunity for students to improve one or more of the following areas: Active Living, Time Management, Stress Management and Relaxation Strategies, Sleep Habits, Healthy Eating, Social Connection, and/or Substance Use Abuse
- The Student Wellness Center's certified wellness coaches are professional health educators who will help you set priorities and identify specific changes you want to make to improve your well-being. Wellness Coaching is not counseling, but your coach will help you create an individualized action plan. For more information about wellness coaching go to (https://www.uky.edu/recwell/wellness/wellness-coaching)
Collegiate Recovery Community
To help you stay in recovery, as well as, protect the health of our community all in-person recovery meetings have been cancelled until further notice. However, we have a full listing of online meetings and resources to help keep you healthy and engaged. If you have questions please contact Ivy Bruce at email@example.com.
For on-going health and wellness information also check out wellkentucky.org for virtual offerings, tips, and articles dedicated to student wellbeing.