Center for Support and Intervention
The Center of Support and Intervention (CSI) serves as a central hub to connect students with resources to meet basic needs regarding food and housing. If you are currently experiencing a basic needs crisis please complete our referral form.
Bias Incident Support Services
If you have experienced a bias incident you can receive support services through the Bias Incident Support Services office.
Childcare and Dependent Grants
Childcare and Dependent Grants are available to full or part-time students to help them pay for cost associated with their care through the Student Government Association. Some examples of what is eligible for funding are: diapers(child/adult), formula, daycare, and in home care. Should you have any specific questions please reach out to Jillian Chamberlain.
Big Blue Pantry
Located in the basement of White Hall Classroom Building (room 025) next to the Post Office, the Big Blue Pantry is open to any University of Kentucky student with a valid UK ID experiencing food insecurity or hunger.
Contact us at email@example.com for any questions, or for a special appointment if our hours don't work for you.
Student Organizations and Activities
An opportunity for students to connect with an Involvement Advising Coordinator (a peer leader) virtually or via email to learn more about their interests and guide students in getting involved and engaged on campus.
An opportunity for students to connect with a Volunteer Advisor (a peer leader) to navigate different service opportunities on campus and in the greater Lexington community. Appointments are available virtually via students’ MyUK.
Winter Intersession Activities
- Wildcat Involvement and Leadership Development (WILD) Program
- Students will meet twice a week starting the week of January 4, 2021 to learn more about their strengths and values, identify communities to get involved in, and create an action plan to continue to engage in the UK community. All sessions and socials will be virtual during the winter intersession and shift to in person monthly gatherings throughout the Spring semester.
- Sign-up for WILD
- Student Activities Board Presents: Winter Wednesdays
- Winter Cinema Series
- Students who will still be on campus over the winter intersession can attend movies at Worsham Cinema in the Gatton Student Center. Dates include December 15th, 18th and January 8th, 12th, 19th.
- View Movie Lineup
- Student Organization and Activities
- In-person trivia, jeopardy, crafting, and other types of small gathering events that students can engage in and connect with others who may be on campus. Dates include December 17th, January 7th, 14th, and 21st in the Cats Den of the Gatton Student Center.
- Virtual programs like trivia, novelty artists, and live entrainment for students to engage in and connect with others virtually. Dates include December 8th, 11th, 22nd, 28th and January 4th and 19th.
- Visit BBNvolvd for list of events
- Intramural Sports
- Service and Community Engagement Programs
- In collaboration with Civic Lex a virtual speaker series centering around civic engagement in the Lexington area will be held January 2021, exact date TBD.
- Kitchen Collaborations with local restaurants will host virtual cooking classes. Students can participate at home with their own ingredients or stop by the SOA office for grab and go ingredients. Dates TBD in January 2021.
- Click here to check for added event dates