Gatton Student Center
The Gatton Student Center is open and is providing limiting dining service options.
UK Bookstore – Textbooks for Summer Classes
Order books from the UK Bookstore online.
- Go to your LinkBlue Account.
- Bring up your summer course schedule.
- Click the "Buy Books" link.
- A booklist will appear for the classes on your schedule.
- Complete the order information. Get free shipping.
2020 Summer Session
Community of Concern
The Community of Concern serves as a central hub to connect students with resources to meet basic needs regarding food and housing. If you are currently experiencing a basic needs crisis please complete our referral form.
Bias Incident Support Services
If you have experienced a bias incident you can receive support services through the Bias Incident Support Services office.
Current Kentucky Businesses Hiring
Childcare and Dependent Grants
Childcare and Dependent Grants are available to full or part-time students to help them pay for cost associated with their care through the Student Government Association. Some examples of what is eligible for funding are: diapers(child/adult), formula, daycare, and in home care. Should you have any specific questions please reach out to email@example.com.
Big Blue Pantry
In the interest of the health and safety of our staff and patrons, the Big Blue Pantry will be transitioning to a “Grab ‘N Go” model for the remainder of the spring semester and is moving to a NEW LOCATION: room A252 (Center for Student Involvement) in the Gatton Student Center. Pre-packed grocery bags will be available to currently enrolled UK students from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Tuesdays and Wednesdays beginning the week of March 23, 2020.
With any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to the Big Blue Pantry on Facebook or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While on-campus events may be canceled there are still a lot of virtual and online event opportunities from some of your favorite programming organizations and departments. Find more information about upcoming virtual events and programs on the Campus Calendar and on BBNvolved.
Student Service Offices
Student Employment and Career Resources
We know that student jobs and internships are being disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Students interested in employment opportunities (both traditional on-site work and online/remote work) have access to multiple job listings and resources through UK. These resources are detailed below
- Job opportunities available to students via campus departments and some local, off-campus employers.
- Jobs, internships, and related employment opportunities available to students locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally. Access to online appointment scheduling for career services support is available to all students and recent alumni through Handshake, UK’s career management platform. UK also offers a Micro-Internship Program, with hundreds of opportunities for students to participate in short-term, online internship experiences. Virtual career fairs and other online career events are also accessible We’re also aware that students who’ve made plans to participate in credit-bearing internships are encountering a variety of challenges. Click here to learn about expanded options and flexibility that UK is offering to support students whose internships and related field experiences have been impacted by COVID-19.
We’re also aware that students who’ve made plans to participate in credit-bearing internships are encountering a variety of challenges. Click here to learn about expanded options and flexibility that UK is offering to support students whose internships and related field experiences have been impacted by COVID-19.
Students who have suffered job losses are encouraged to consider alternate employment options. In some cases, students may be eligible for unemployment insurance and other benefits resulting from termination of employment. Kentucky’s COVID-19 website provides information on filing for unemployment insurance benefits and other resources.
Immediate Hiring Needs
The University of Kentucky has heard from many employers who have an immediate need to fill jobs. We will be updating this list of employers/positions and ways to apply as we hear about them.
Summer Work Study
The Student Financial Aid Office shared this information:
For those of you who have remote work for your students or are hiring students to do remote work this summer, here are the directions on how students apply for Summer Work-Study and the rules for FWS students working during the summer term. Please provide this information to any students you will have working this summer.
Summer Work-Study Directions:
- Complete your 2020-2021 FAFSA
- Register for fall classes
- Complete the Summer Aid Application form and return it to either your FA Counselor or the Office of Federal Work-Study.
Summer Work-Study Rules:
- If a student is taking summer classes, they may only work up to 29 hours per week.
- However, if a student is not taking summer classes, they may work up to 40 hours per week.
- Summer FWS starts on May 12.
Summer Work-Study Steps:
- Students are awarded Summer Work-Study
- Supervisors will contact the Office of Federal Work-Study providing students’ names and IDs
- Office of Federal Work-Study will email the documentation to both supervisors and students
- Supervisors will receive a new Job Assignment form to be completed and returned
- Students will receive a new Student Information Sheet to be completed and returned
- All paperwork must be submitted before students can begin working
Student Account Services will not assess late fees for the month of March 2020 for spring 2020 term.
Student Emergency Fund
The Student Emergency Fund is available for students who are experiencing some unexpected financial need during the COVID-19 pandemic. If you are interested in accessing these funds or know someone who might need support please contact the Community of Concern Office.
Short-term loans are available from the Student Financial Aid Office. Contact your financial aid counselor to discuss eligibility.
Looking for additional support and guidance related to your finances?